Efficacy of 5% Minoxidil versus Combined 5% Minoxidil and 0.01% Tretinoin for Male Pattern Hair Loss

    Hyo Soon Shin, Chong Hyun Won, Seung Hwan Lee, Oh Joon Kwon, Se Kyu Kim, Hee Chul Eun
    Image of study
    TLDR Combined minoxidil and tretinoin solution works as well as regular minoxidil for male hair loss.
    The study compared the effectiveness of a combined solution of 5% minoxidil and 0.01% tretinoin with that of conventional 5% minoxidil in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia (AGA) in men. The study found that the application of the combined solution just once daily showed an equivalent treatment effect to that of 5% minoxidil applied twice daily in terms of changes in hair growth characteristics. Both groups demonstrated similar improvements in subjective global assessment of therapy by patients and the investigator. The occurrence of adverse effects such as pruritus or local irritation was similar in both groups. The study suggests that the combined solution could be a useful alternative for the treatment of AGA with a high rate of compliance.
    View this study on link.springer.com →

    Cited in this study

    14 / NoResults

    Related

    7 / NoResults